Phong Nha is one of the most captivating places to visit in Vietnam, surrounded by imposing limestone mountains, ancient jungle forests, and traditional villages that straddle the impressive waters of the Son River.
Our Phong Nha National Park Tour is a new spin on a local classic, whilst being both highly informative and also fun, with plenty of time to enjoy the park. We limit our tours to a maximum of 12 people per tour departure to give everyone a chance to participate and enjoy the day.
Our Phong Nha National Park tour starts at the semi-wild enclose where you’ll learn about the critically endangered Ha Tinh Langurs. You’ll enjoy an easy walk around the enclosure and if you’re lucky the ranger will point out a family of these incredibly rare mammals for you.
A short drive along Victory Road 20 into the national park will have you winding through jaw-dropping mountains covered with endless wild banana trees towards 8 Ladies Cave, the second highlight for the day. Here you will learn a little more about the Vietnam/American War and its impact on the area, and visit a historically significant temple that honors the soldiers who lost their lives when a cave collapsed where they were taking shelter from bombings.
We press on through the park to the absolute highlight for visitors, Paradise Cave, or as locals call it Hang Thiên Đường, a 31 km cave discovered in 2005. Your guide will give you a fresh perspective of the cave as you wander its network of walk-ways and impressive cave formations, highlighted by moody lighting. All National Park tours are definitely not the same as our guide will ensure your experience is beyond exceptional visiting this popular destination.
Chay Lap village is next on the agenda, where you’ll have a chance to relax and enjoy a delicious lunch by the banks of the river at Chay Lap Riverside. Catch some rays on our awesome deck chairs or take a quick refreshing swim, before setting out on the final leg of the journey, a bike ride to reach Tram Village. Tram village is so close to bustling little Phong Nha but still a world away. You’ll have a chance to wander through the village with your guide learning even more about the local area. This visit to the village provides a cultural perspective to this classic tour of Phong Nha. From Tram village, you will cycle back to Phong Nha and end the tour at Oxalis office..
Any of you stay at Farmstay or Hotel far away from Phong Nha will be transported back to your accommodation, or if you stay in town you can take a leisurely walk back to your hotel.
- 7:30-8:00AM: Pick up from local accommodation in Chay Lap or Phong Nha
- 8:00-9:00AM: Visit the semi-wild enclosure and take a walk around and learn about the wild animal rescue programme particularly the Ha Tinh langurs.
- 9:00-10:15AM: Drive on the Victory Road 20 – a historic road used during the Vietnam War. Stop at Tra Ang Bridge and enjoy a brilliant photo opportunity out over the mountains
- 10:15-10:45AM: Visit 8 Ladies Cave and the memorial temple for a short by memorable experience.
- 10:45-11:00AM: Travel to Paradise Cave (Dong Thien Duong).
- 11:00-13:00PM: Enjoy Paradise Cave for two hours – which includes around 540 steps to the top of the hill. Its tough but is a real sense of accomplishment when you get the top, and then find yourself walking down into Paradise Cave (additional $5 per person supplement paid directly at the park for golf buggy).
- 13:00-14:30PM: Lunch at Chay Lap Riverside. You have a chance to go for a swim and relax on our sun chairs or may enjoy 45 minutes kayaking in the beautiful river.
- 14:30-15:00PM: Cycling from Chay Lap to Tram Village. Enjoy a short walk through the village, learning about their stories and way of life on the river banks in one of the poorest towns of Phong Nha.
- 15:00-15:30PM: Continue cycling back to Phong Nha, and stop at Oxalis Headquarters. From here you can wander back to your local accommodation, or a transfer will be organized if you stay at farmstay or hotel in this area.
- 16:00-16:30PM: Tour ends.
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox